Beth and I had a great time. We went to McCall for the day, out to dinner at a nice restaurant, went for some walks, spent some time with my family watching the Super Bowl, then spent time at my house with the kiddos and then Janelle over for a wine & cheese.
Kauai was amazing of course! My most favorite place on this entire earth is Hawaii. It is one of the most relaxing, beautiful, awesome places. I can’t believe how fast our trip went. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt which was just lovely…probably one of the nicest hotels I have every stayed at. We spent a couple days just lounging around the resort but most of our days were off exploring the island. We rented a Jeep that took us from one end of the island to the other back again. When it was raining on the South side of the island we would head North. We did a bit of four wheeling to 2 different beaches. They were definitely worth all the bumps and mud. We also went horse back riding, zip lining, and whale watching/sunset dinner cruise. We ate fish every day sometime twice in a day! My most favorite was the time I had in the morning to walk the beach, reading my bible, and praying~ It was amazing and I left Hawaii feeling so refreshed. Yes, I missed the kids so much but I am so glad we did this trip. They both did great and I am so thankful to have family that will take such great care of them for me while I am off caring for myself and my marriage. I am not sure if Zahra will ever let me go on another trip without her. Even though she was fine while I was gone she has definitely been a lot more needy and not wanting me to go anywhere or leave her. The other night she was singing in her room “Mommy don’t go anywhere” over and over again.
On our vacation we took a break from our P90X routine. I was about 45 days into the program and Anil was probably more about 30 days into it due to his work schedule. He has lost about 15 pounds and I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 110. My abs are still not what they used to be but considering where I came from during/after pregnancy I am so impressed with this program and would recommend it to anyone that is up for the challenge. The best part of the entire thing is how much more healthier & energized I feel. Now onto the last half!
Now onto the kids…..
Some fun facts about Ezra Age: 6 months old
Weight: 25% (surprisingly!)
Height: 75%
Favorite food: Poor guy has only had breast milk & formula. We have been wanting to start solids but he has been sick for the past couple weeks so we are holding off on introducing anything new into his system.
Struggle: Sickness- poor guy has been sick for almost 2 weeks
What makes him sad: Teething (but where the heck are they!?!) and ear infection along with a very sore butt :(
Big accomplishment: Sitting up & rolling all over the place!
Some fun facts about Zahra for February & March
Age: 2.5 years
Favorite food: Peanut butter and honey sandwiches
Favorite new thing: A princess alarm clock from Emily. We set the alarm to go off in the morning, she gets up turns it off and comes out of her room to find me… what a big girl. I am starting to want to turn back time or slow it down a lot. This is such a fun age and it is going by to fast!
Struggle for the month: Getting sassy~ there has been two times over the weekend that I was shocked by her tone with me. Jumping on that ASAP!
What makes her sad: Me leaving~
Favorite show: Letters Ahoy~ Leapfrog
Big accomplishments for the month: She is learning how to write her name...pretty well. She struggles with the ‘a’ but this was her homework for preschool over the weekend and she did it all herself with no help. I am glad she isn’t doing the dots on her letters anymore…

Love reading your updates! Glad your vaca was fun and cute random facts about the kids :) Way to go Z on writing her name! wow!
ReplyDeleteYou look AMAZING and I officially hate you. ;)
ReplyDeleteBen and I went to Hawaii on our honeymoon and it is still my favorite place to-date, too! Let's retire there together!
Question: Are you doing the recommend P90X diet plan, too, or just the workouts?
Addie has been battling a sore butt, as well. Nothing is worse, I swear. And way to go, Z on writing your name! I still remember the day Izzy learned how. So proud. :)
Miss you guys!!!