Well the last couple weeks have flown by and I've been meaning to put up more pictures and videos for the past week. I feel like she does new things everyday that I tell myself remember to put it in the blog but then I forget. So here are some things I am remembering form the past week or so. Hopefully I will get some new videos and pictures this week to put on here.
This last weekend we all slept in big time. I think it was almost 10am when I finally woke up and realized that we were all still sleeping (of course it was Anils day to get up with her). So I got up and started getting ready when I finally heard her. I went into her bedroom and she was standing up then she pointed to her diaper and said 'poopy'. Sure enough she had a poopy! It hasn't happened since so I don't know if it was a fluke or if she had a moment of clarity after 14 hours of sleep as to what was in her diaper but needless to say I was very excited about it.
Today was a big day for Zahra. She had her first ever 'room time'! For the past month we have been doing 'blanket time' every morning after breakfast. Zahra helps me get the blanket from the couch and lay it on the floor and we put some toys on it and then she plays just on the blanket for at least 15 minutes. When I clean up breakfast, empty the dishwasher, and have my coffee. The first couple times we did it I had to remind her to stay on the blanket but now she just knows. And then when blanket time is over she helps me put the blanket back on the couch. Its amazing to me why I didn't do blanket time sooner. We had pak n play time when Z was younger but once she turned 1 and was more active I decided to stop it. So today after playing downstairs for a while we went upstairs to get dressed and ready for our day. I put on some music in her room and we got dressed then decided 'boy would it be nice to take a shower'. I am still getting used to this 1 nap a day, I think its been a week now. Anyway, we tried to do room time about a month or so ago and Z didn't want anything to do with the gate being up keeping her in her room. So I abdanned the idea and did blanket time instead. Zahra was playing so well I told her that she was going to play in her room and I put the gate up and headed for a quick shower. I turned the montor on so I could hear is she was crying. But not a peep! I took the worlds quickest shower and peeked in on her and she was jsut sitting there reading books! I was amazed. Then I thought heck I can do my hair so I did. Peeked in on her and she was by her toy box getting toys out. I thought wonderful I can put a little make-up on too. Then I peeked in on her again and she had her drawer open and all her pj's were scattered all over her room, holding one putting it over her head like she was trying to put it on. Sweetest thing ever. That was our big accomplishment probably for the month! And as a reward we got to go hang out with our friends at Monkey Junction for a fun playdate. I wasn't going to take Z because I didn't want to go all scruffy without showering.
Another new thing Z has been doing this week is 'playing' hide n go see. Amy, our wonderful nanny, taught her it a couple weeks ago but I think this last time Amy was over is when it really stuck! As we were leaving the house for monkey junction today she runs out to the living room and ducks behind the ottoman. Then she hid behind a half wall by the kitchen. After lunch I was cleaning up when I noticed it was way tooo quiet. I had a moment of OMG where is she!? until I realized the gate is up she couldn't be on the stairs, the spare bedroom is closed, shes not in the kitchen...then I hear the bathroom door creak. That goof was behind the bathroom door in the dark hiding and being really quiet too! This went on all day long.
So Zahra schedule has changed abit being that we are on 1 nap a day now- Woohooo! So Z wakes up around 8:30ish we eat breakfast right away...she is starving when she wakes up. Lunch is at noon. And so far it seems like right around 1pm she is ready to crash for her nap. I get her up at 4pm and have a snack. We eat dinner at 6:30pm now. (We used to eat at 7 or 7:30 so Anil would be home for supper but since the time change its been working out a lot better to eat earlier. Unfortunately Anil is having a harder time getting home on time but we just warm it up for him.) Then upstairs by 7:30pm read books and then in bed by 8pm! I am usually up for another 4 hours and go to bed around midnight but I only need about 8 hours of sleep so it works out perfect!
I know I talk about all the great things that Zahra does but I know she isn't perfect. The last week we have been having major struggles when it comes to changing diapers. Specifically the first one in the morning and then any poopy ones she has. So my solution has been to win the Guinness book of world record for the fastest time to change a diaper and I've been giving Z her lovie to help. Zahra has also been a little more picky with some foods. She used to love bananas now she can't stand them, same with Kiwi~ they make her gag. She loved cheese but now will only eat cottage cheese. Same with yogurt used to love it now not so much. So at 15 months I would say her favorite foods are: Blueberries (still loves them!), sweet potato patties, and a pigeon pea Indian dish, and toast with PB&J. I tried a few sweets with her but she doesn't like them! I tried giving her sherbert this week and she hated that. She had a couple bites of Anna's wonderful dessert but the next day wouldn't even consider trying it. I gave her a bite of chocolate and her face was priceless with that one.Oh well I guess I should be thankful that the opposite isn't true and have a child that only eats junk food.
I love being a Mom so much and have such a desire to have another one. I can't believe its already the end of November and still nothing. My first appointment when I realised something was wrong was over 7 months ago. We had another appointment with the fertility docs this last week to see what was next... We decided to keep going forth since there is something medically wrong with me why would we not try to fix it? I have to honestly say that I struggle sometimes when ppl tell me to just trust God and he will make it happen. I do trust God and ultimately he will make it happen but I also am going to take advantage of the wonderful medical services that I have access to, Also Mayo covers 50% of the fertility cost- which is huge! And what drives me even more crazy is when the ppl telling me this are on birth control. It just seems very hypocritical. But anyway I'm going to blame the clomid for my rant and be done with it now :) Back to the plan...we increased my dose of Clomid hoping it will make some nice looking follies for us then trigger (shot) to make me ovulate (since my body is not doing this) and then go in for a IUI 36 hours after the trigger.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Saga Begins!
August 10th 2007
Welcome Zahra Lynn Patel!
Zahra's first breath! August 5th 2009 @ 5:38pm
Welcome Ezra Anil Patel!
Daddy delivering him on Sept 9th 2011
Blog Archive
-
►
2012
(8)
- ► 10/14 - 10/21 (1)
- ► 08/26 - 09/02 (1)
- ► 05/20 - 05/27 (1)
- ► 03/11 - 03/18 (1)
- ► 01/22 - 01/29 (2)
- ► 01/15 - 01/22 (1)
- ► 01/08 - 01/15 (1)
-
►
2011
(16)
- ► 10/09 - 10/16 (1)
- ► 08/07 - 08/14 (2)
- ► 06/26 - 07/03 (1)
- ► 06/19 - 06/26 (1)
- ► 06/12 - 06/19 (1)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 05/29 - 06/05 (1)
- ► 05/01 - 05/08 (1)
- ► 03/27 - 04/03 (1)
- ► 03/20 - 03/27 (1)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (1)
- ► 03/06 - 03/13 (2)
- ► 02/27 - 03/06 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (1)
-
▼
2010
(40)
- ► 12/26 - 01/02 (1)
- ► 10/31 - 11/07 (2)
- ► 10/10 - 10/17 (1)
- ► 09/26 - 10/03 (1)
- ► 09/05 - 09/12 (1)
- ► 08/29 - 09/05 (1)
- ► 08/15 - 08/22 (1)
- ► 08/08 - 08/15 (3)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (3)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (3)
- ► 06/13 - 06/20 (1)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (1)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (3)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (1)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (1)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (1)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (1)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (3)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
You are seriously great mom Di!
ReplyDeleteI know what you are saying about the whole trusting God issue... I struggled with that too for many years... But I don't think there is a wrong or right answer. However God speaks to you.. for some He might say NO (like me) and using Medical help for others it might be a step of faith! I think it is a completely personal decision between you and God and nobody can judge! Anyways... I can't blame Clomid... But it is so exciting all the fun things that Z is doing! Can't wait to see you guys soon again (hopefully)! Love you
ReplyDeleteDi, you are such a wonderful Mom, you are doing so great with Z! I love hearing about the things she's doing, she's SUCH a bright girl. I love that she's hiding, what a goof. I might be inspired to try room time again...Audrey saw the gate and freaked! Audrey now knows the word 'poop' and 'diaper' so I'm waiting to see when she might tell me when she poops! How long on the new clomid dose before the trigger shot? I think you're doing nothing wrong at all, I hope these drugs and procedures can bring you another sweet baby :) Praying for you hon.
ReplyDelete