Thursday, January 19, 2012

My 2nd post this month~ hurray!


Zahra
Well I don’t even know where to start with our little Miss Zahra. The past 4 months she has really become a big girl and a great big sister! I would say she adjusted pretty well to having a little baby brother. There was no regression of wanting to be like a baby~ thank goodness!  The first month and a half she was pretty unaffected and just kinda ignored him for the most part. The next month after that she started to ask more about him and had to learn how to be gentle…..patel-more-4 This picture is during that phase when she was abit rough with him~she would put all her weight into her kisses and about 5 seconds after this picture Ezra was bawling. Even though he is only a month or so here, you can see it in his eyes~ he is saying’ “you think this is a good idea!?!”. Since then she has really learned to be much gentler and helpful. She loves to get his binky for him and will often fetch a diaper for me or throw one away. Now I can actually trust her to be in close vicinity of him without me being right there.DSC_0674 It is nice and she has really become such a sweet sister! And Ezra already loves his big sister…he loves to just gaze at her and is already copying her too…oh great I have another finger sucker!DSC_0673

PRESCHOOL
Zahra started preschool about 10 days before Ezra was born. Anil & I had decided that we would like to send her somewhere a couple days a week for a couple hours  to be around other children apart from me in a learning environment. Another reason was to give her a break from me and for me to have some one on one time with the new baby. We weren’t going to send her just anywhere and towards the end of August we still hadn’t found a place that we really liked. Luckily, my sister asked around and someone she knew recommended Eagle Christian Preschool. I called that same day and then my sister and & I toured it the following day. We both really loved it.  The next week they were starting! I am so glad that we found this little preschool for Zahra & Blake. I truly believe that it has been one of the best decisions we have made for Zahra. She absolutely loves it! In fact she has never even missed a day! Zahra has learned so much already. She is the youngest in the class by quite a few months but fits right in. Her favorite part of preschool would have to be the art projects. She still loves to color & paint.
2011-08-30 08.42.14 IMG_6174IMG_6178
Walking into her classroom for the first time.
IMG_6183
Some fun facts about Z for January




Age: 2 years 5 months
Weight: 27lbs
Height: 35 inches
Favorite toy: ohh thats a hard one…I really don’t think she has a favorite. One day she will play all day with her princess guitar (singing “Mean” by Taylor Swift over and over again) the next day she will be all into her dolls or kitchen.
Favorite activity: Its a tie between sitting at her table and coloring, playing dress-up, or jumping on her little trampoline.
Fear: Dark :(
Struggle for the month: For about a week Z would lay in her room at night time wide awake. It would sometimes take her about 2 hours to fall asleep! During the day she was exhausted! Then one morning she told me that there was bugs/spiders in her bed and that Sophie the giraffe was in the corner last night. Just weird things. So her poor little imagination was getting away with her.  That night we left her dresser light on and the door open in her room and we haven’t had a problem since. 
New favorite word: Because
What makes her sad: This just started a few days ago but when she has a hard time doing something..like trying to put her boots on or doing an art project she will say very sadly “I can’t do it right Mommy” It breaks my heart.
Favorite show:  Well this week it is Leap Frogs ABC show
Big accomplishments for the month so far: She stayed up until midnight on New Years Eve! She will now go and use the potty all by herself with no help and usually prefers it that way…especially number 2. She finally learned how to chew gum. I love it because she doesn’t suck her finger when she has gum in her mouth! Finally, just today at lunch time she recited the pledge of allegiance to me. Word for word! See the video below.  When did she get so big!!!
A moment I was really proud of her: She had some blood drawn last week and didn’t even move or cry~ nothing! I was so very proud of her!!!




I wish there was a jump counter on her trampoline…she loves it! This is our savior for the winter. DSC_0661
New Years Eve with the fam… getting ready to watch RioDSC_0581
DSC_0524 DSC_0519 DSC_0574
The night consisted of eating, playing games, jumping, eating some more, a movie, and fireworks
Swimming
DSC_0619
DSC_0609 
Ezra’s first time swimming at the Y. He didn’t seem to mind..he didn’t love but did he hate it either.
SNOW finally!!
DSC_0696We had our first big snow here in the Boise area. I think it was about 6 inches and it was gone the next day!  Zahra had fun playing in it and making a snow man. Ezra went on his first little ride in a sled.
DSC_0708 DSC_0723  We didn’t have the typical snowman accessories so we used broccoli for eyes an asparagus for the nose and raisins for the mouth…about 15 min after making this guy his head fell off! The snow was melting fast… Z was abit traumatized at first but then laughed about it.
Okay I must end this post I have been working on it for a few
days now and could still put more in it but I must stop for now….

1 comment:

Free Web Counter

The Saga Begins!

The Saga Begins!
August 10th 2007

Welcome Zahra Lynn Patel!

Welcome Zahra Lynn Patel!
Zahra's first breath! August 5th 2009 @ 5:38pm

Welcome Ezra Anil Patel!

Welcome Ezra Anil Patel!
Daddy delivering him on Sept 9th 2011