Sunday, August 7, 2011

Zahra is 2! Part 1

I am so far behind in keeping up on my blog so heres a quick synapse of whats been going on. The past 6 weeks have flown by so fast! The drive out to Idaho went okay....we had some issues with our car topper (yes it opened on us but luckily just the cat carrier flew out) and Zahra quickly learned that she can get out of her carseat when she tells us she has to go potty so for a while we were stopping every hour. So our planned 24 hour trip took more like 30 hours. I still can't believe we drove straight thru! Our stuff arrived 5 days after we arrived so the unpacking began. Then I began my new job 4 days after that. I worked full time for 4 weeks and am now starting my 1 shift a week this week~ YAY!! I am working in the Family Maternity Center at Saint Alphonsus and am loving it!! I just finished training in post-partum and will do L&D begining of next year. Post partum really is perfect for me right now (being I am 34+ weeks pregnant). Its pretty easy and you can sit quite abit. Anil's job got delayed by a couple weeks and will start on his unit the 3rd week in August. So he has been taking care of Zahra pretty much full time. I wouldn't quite call him a stay at home Dad because I think that requires him to do all the grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry and cooking too-- but he is doing the most important job and that is taking care of our little girl and keeping her safe!!


We had a fun filled weekend of celebrating the birth of our sweet Zahra! On her actually birthday we went to a fun toddler play area,Winnie the Pooh in the theaters, then ate lunch and rode the bummer boats at Wahoo's.  As you can see below she is having a blast with her cousin, Blake.








More to come on her birthday party......

1 comment:

  1. Oh it's so fun to see the pictures and get a little update. Looks like things are going great! You look so cute and Z is growing into such a beautiful little toddler. I love the wide open mouth/icecream shot, too funny. Post partum sounds nice! Glad you're just once/week now! Thanks for the update!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Free Web Counter

The Saga Begins!

The Saga Begins!
August 10th 2007

Welcome Zahra Lynn Patel!

Welcome Zahra Lynn Patel!
Zahra's first breath! August 5th 2009 @ 5:38pm

Welcome Ezra Anil Patel!

Welcome Ezra Anil Patel!
Daddy delivering him on Sept 9th 2011