ZOO
We went to the Jacksonville Zoo two times on beautiful days. It was a really nice zoo.
don’t look to closely you might notice something on these 2 pics ;)
Zahra enjoyed feeding the giraffes. She would scream with delight when she fed them. It was so cute!
I bought a backpack at a consignment sale for just $20. We used it so much in Florida and Z loved it.
Hmmm I wonder if we are going to have a medical profession on our hands. Zahra loves stethoscopes and she even makes thumping noises!
BEACH
Zahra is definitely like me when it came to the beach. We loved, loved, loved the beach!!
Seriously, I had to watch Zahra like a hawk. I would look away for a second next thing I knew she was running towards the water. So we always made our picnic (we always ate lunch at the beach) and sand toys a little ways from the water.
She loved the water even though it was 50 some degrees…brrr!
Driving on the beach!
The nice people at the apartment office (sometimes my only adult face to face interaction for 24+ hrs) told me about this fun beach that you drive right on. It was the coolest thing! I’ve never heard of such a thing in CA so I had to check it out. It turned out to be one of my favs for many reasons. First, I didn’t have to make several trip back and forth to from the car to the beach trying to get all our gear, all while carrying a toddler. Second, I brought our battery powered radio so we listened to an awesome Christian radio station from the back of the car. I never brought the radio to the other beaches…one less trip. Third, this beach had great shells, sand dollars, starfish, and wildlife. The tides were very extreme here so we would go during low tide and found a ton of fun things.
We even brought Anil to our favorite beach on one of his days off.
Zahra’s favorite thing to do at the beach was find shells. We have sooo many shells so don’t be surprised if you get a gift from us with shells on it!
This beach was very interesting alot of the sand consisted of tiny shells.
I am determined to finish this blog about Florida tonight….so its going to be kinda long.
The Magic Kingdom on Valentines Day
Zahra’s first ride was The Dumbo ride. She was a little nervous at first but then was like whhoooo and loved it.
Next stop ‘Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh’ and ‘Aladdin's Carpet Ride’
And of course “It’s a Small World”
I was so surprised at all the rides that Z could go on. We were non-stop all day long. I know she might not remember this day but Anil & I will with the fondest memories of Zahra’s first trip to Disney!
Meeting Mickey & Minnie Mouse
I was determined that Zahra had to meet them and so we waited in line for over 45 mins but it was worth it. I love how Zahra is putting her arm out like she is saying ‘TahDah’ . Just too bad she isn’t smiling but I think I’m going to buy one from the PhotoPass thing they do where she is smiling and the picture quality is much better.
Zahra’s all time favorite thing at Disney was the parades. We made it to all 3!
Much to my surprise we almost made it to closing! We still had a 2 hour drive back to Jacksonville so we opted out of the fireworks to beat the crowds out of the park. Luckily, we had a great view of the fireworks from the ferry on our way back to the car. It was a perfect way to end such a great day!
I saw it.........Mom
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had sooooo much fun! P.S. I saw it, too, but it's VERY hard to see!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome blog, I love the pictures! I can't wait for Audrey to see the ocean someday! Looks like it was a lot of fun! I definitely need to take Audrey to some parades this year!
ReplyDelete